Please select your volunteer team preference. Land Team Water Team Boat Provider Personal Watercraft Provider
Land Team - Assist with set up, clean up, volunteer and participant check in, cooler stocking, etc. Land team volunteers are not required to attend advanced training. Training will be provided on event day.
Water Teams - Jet Ski team, boat team, dock management
Watercraft Provider - Volunteer your personal watercraft or boat and your time to help others find freedom on the water!
Volunteer Consent & Release Form
I and (if applicable) the minor volunteer for whom I am a parent/guardian (the "Volunteer") understand and agree to the following:
• The Volunteer requests and desires to take part in the Ability KC A Day At The Lake Water Sports Clinic at Smithville Lake on July 12, 2019 ("A Day At The Lake") as an unpaid volunteer. No Volunteer (including any minor) will be allowed to participate before signing this agreement as indicated below.
• The Volunteer understands that Ability KC, Clay County Parks and Recreation, and event sponsors, and each of their employees, agents, and independent contractors, have no responsibility or control over the watercraft or boats used during A Day At The Lake and that they are provided and operated by volunteers. No assurances or guarantees as to the operation of the watercraft or boats have been made.
• The Volunteer agrees to abide by all instructions or safety practices given by Ability KC, Clay County Parks and Recreation, and/or event sponsors. The Volunteer understands that the failure to comply with these instructions or safety practices will result in refusal of further participation in A Day At The Lake.
• The Volunteer understands he/she will be required to wear a life jacket whenever they are in the water or on a watercraft or boat, and he/she agrees to do so.
• The Volunteer acknowledges and understands that the participants and volunteers at A Day At The Lake will be engaging in sports activities that involve risk of serious injury, including, but not limited to, severe social and economic losses, permanent disability, and death, or property damage. These injuries or damages might result from the Volunteer's own actions or inactions, or the fault or negligence of others, including that of A Day At The Lake participants, Ability KC, Clay County Parks and Recreation, event sponsors, and/or other event volunteers, the weather or conditions of the water, or the conditions of any premises or equipment used. Further, participation may involve risks not known or foreseeable at this time to Volunteer, Ability KC, Clay County Parks and Recreation, event sponsors, and/or other event volunteers. Volunteer acknowledges and understands that he/she voluntarily assumes all these risks when participating in A Day At The Lake.
• The Volunteer voluntarily releases and agrees to hold harmless Ability KC, Clay County Parks and Recreation, event sponsors, and other event volunteers, including each of their employees, agents, independent contractors, and insurers (the "Releasees"), from any and all claims for injury or property damage due to Releasees' negligence or fault, as a result of Volunteer's participation in or attendance at A Day At The Lake. This release will be construed to the broadest extent permitted by law. Volunteer acknowledges and understands that, if injured, Volunteer will be solely responsible for all medical costs.
I/we (1) have read and understand the above Volunteer Consent, Assumption of Risk, & Release From Fault,
(2) acknowledge that the agreement has not changed orally, and (3) sign it voluntarily below.