Boat/Watercraft Volunteer Consent & Release Form
I (the "Volunteer") am over the age of 18 on the date of signing and understand and agree to the following:
• The Volunteer requests and desires to take part in the Ability KC A Day At The Lake Water Sports Clinic at Smithville Lake on July 12, 2019 ("A Day At The Lake") as an unpaid volunteer by donating use of a boat or watercraft, to be operated by the Volunteer. No Volunteer will be allowed to participate, nor will the boat or watercraft be allowed to be used, before signing this agreement as indicated below.
• The Volunteer warrants that the boat or watercraft to be used in A Day At The Lake (1) is not owned in whole or in part by Ability KC, Clay County Parks and Recreation, or any event sponsor; (2) is less than 26 feet long; and (3) will not be used during the event to carry persons or property for charge.
• The Volunteer warrants that he/she is duly and appropriately licensed and/or certified to operate the boat or watercraft to be used in A Day At The Lake as required in the state of the Volunteer's residence.
• The Volunteer understands that Ability KC, Clay County Parks and Recreation, and event sponsors, and each of their employees, agents, and independent contractors, have no responsibility or control over the watercraft or boats donated for use and that they are provided and operated by the Volunteer.
• The Volunteer agrees to abide by all instructions or safety practices given by Ability KC, Clay County Parks and Recreation, and/or event sponsors. The Volunteer understands that the failure to comply with these instructions or safety practices will result in refusal of further participation in A Day At The Lake.
• The Volunteer understands he/she will be required to wear a life jacket whenever they are in the water or on a watercraft or boat, and he/she agrees to do so. Further, the Volunteer understands that he/she will require any person in the watercraft or boat operated by him/her to wear a life jacket whenever in the watercraft or boat, and he/she will not operate the watercraft or boat if the person refuses to comply.
• The Volunteer acknowledges and understands that the participants and volunteers at A Day At The Lake will be engaging in sports activities that involve risk of serious injury, including, but not limited to, severe social and economic losses, permanent disability, and death, or property damage. These injuries or damages might result from the Volunteer's own actions or inactions, or the fault or negligence of others, including that of A Day At The Lake participants, Ability KC, Clay County Parks and Recreation, event sponsors, and/or other event volunteers, the weather or conditions of the water, or the conditions of any premises or equipment used. Further, participation may involve risks not known or foreseeable at this time to Volunteer, Ability KC, Clay County Parks and Recreation, event sponsors, and/or other event volunteers. Volunteer acknowledges and understands that he/she voluntarily assumes all these risks when participating in A Day At The Lake.
• The Volunteer voluntarily releases and agrees to hold harmless Ability KC, Clay County Parks and Recreation, event sponsors, and other event volunteers, including each of their employees, agents, independent contractors, and insurers (the "Releasees"), from any and all claims for injury or property damage due to Releasees' negligence or fault, as a result of Volunteer's participation in or attendance at A Day At The Lake. This release will be construed to the broadest extent permitted by law. Volunteer acknowledges and understands that, if injured, Volunteer will be solely responsible for all medical costs.
I (1) have read and understand the above Watercraft/Boat Volunteer Consent, Assumption of Risk, & Release From Fault, (2) acknowledge that the agreement has not changed orally, and (3) sign it voluntarily below.