HOME BASED EDUCATION
Ability KC’s Home Based Education services provide high quality, culturally competent early education and family support by recognizing the child’s home as their primary learning environment and emphasizing the parent as the first and most important teacher.
Families with children aging from birth to three years old, participating in home based education services will receive a combination of home visits, parent and child socialization meetings and education. Each session will be conducted with the home based education specialist and the child’s parent or primary caregiver for 90 minutes once a week throughout the year.
Home Based Education Experience Include:
- Classroom readiness.
- Community collaborations for family and support resources.
- Developmental screenings.
- Education and intervention screenings in the natural home environment.
- Individualized curriculum plans including team goals, family input and individualized family service plan (IFSP) and individualized education plan (IEP) outcomes.
- One-on-one family coaching to enhance learning and development.