The first day of your physical therapy program is spent getting to know more about you and your abilities. Based on your needs, you will meet with different members of your care team.
Welcome to Ability KC
Our admissions team is committed to helping individuals and families make the best decisions for their unique care plans at Ability KC. We can help you understand what to expect at Ability KC and navigate the admissions process efficiently so that you can start your care sooner.
If you have any questions about our admissions process or eligibility requirements, don’t hesitate to reach out.
Our Eligibility Requirements
Our intake process starts with getting in touch with a Case Manager for a referral to our programs. While there are no restrictions when it comes to acceptance, individuals must have a developmental disability or an illness, injury, or intervention that has impacted daily routines and developmental milestones.
Outpatient Medical Rehabilitation Admissions
Ability KC offers a CARF-accredited outpatient medical rehabilitation day program designed to help patients from infancy through adulthood. For admissions into Ability KC outpatient programs and services please have your physician complete the prescription forms below for the program in which you are seeking treatment.
- Prescription Form for Physician-Adaptive Computer & Communication Technology (ACCT)(opens in new tab)
- Intake Form- Adaptive Computer & Communication Technology (ACCT)
- Adult Day Program(opens in new tab)
- Adult Outpatient Therapies(opens in new tab)
- Driving Program(opens in new tab)
- Driving Program Pre-Admission Questionnaire
- Pediatric & Adolescent Day Program(opens in new tab)(opens in new tab)
- Pediatric & Adolescent Outpatient Therapies(opens in new tab)(opens in new tab)
Therapeutic Preschool Admissions
Please tell us about your child by completing the enrollment information form below. Once we have received your information someone will contact you to discuss the best options for your child and family.
For admissions into the outpatient therapy clinic at the therapeutic preschool please have your child’s physician complete the outpatient therapy clinic prescription form.
Employment Services Admissions
For admissions into Ability KC Employment Services, please contact your case manager at Missouri Vocational Rehabilitation to initiate the process. Once we have received your referral information from Vocational Rehabilitation, an Ability KC employment specialist will contact you to arrange services.
Ability KC Industries Admissions
Clients working with Ability KC industries complete projects to assist companies with their production needs. To be considered for admission to Ability KC Industries please submit a referral application to the Ability KC Industries Operations Manager. A referral packet can be obtained from a Kansas City Regional Office Case Manager, County Case Manager, or Mental Health Case Manager.
Individuals with uncontrolled seizure disorders or diseases that are communicable by casual contact are not eligible for services.
In the referral application please include the following:
- Diagnosis or disability.
- Barriers to community employment due to diagnosis.
To be considered for sheltered employment opportunities at Ability KC you must:
- Live in Missouri.
- Be at least 16 years of age.
- Possess sufficient emotional control so as to pose no physical threat to themselves or others.
- Be able to care for personal needs or direct a personal assistant to provide required care. If a personal assistant is required, the assistant must be selected, arranged for and paid by either the participant or their sponsoring agency.
- If under 24 years of age, must have a recommendation letter from Missouri Vocational Rehabilitation.
A Brighter Future Starts Here
Please feel free to reach out to our team regarding any questions or comments you may have about the Ability KC admissions process or eligibility for our programs.
Frequently Asked Questions
Caregivers are welcome to visit on the first day to address questions or concerns and discuss goals. After the first day, caregivers are always welcome, but are not required to attend.