The Ability KC admissions team is committed to helping individuals and families make the best decision when it comes to choosing services for outpatient medical rehabilitation or therapeutic preschool services as well as educating families about what to expect at Ability KC.
Outpatient Medical Rehabilitation Services
For admissions into Ability KC outpatient medical rehabilitation programs and services please have your physician complete the prescription forms below for the program in which you are seeking treatment.
- Prescription Form for Physician-Adaptive Computer & Communication Technology (ACCT)
- Intake Form- Adaptive Computer & Communication Technology (ACCT)
- Adult Day Program
- Adult Outpatient Therapies
- Driving Program
- Driving Program Pre-Admission Questionnaire
- Pediatric & Adolescent Day Program
- Pediatric & Adolescent Outpatient Therapies
Please tell us about your child by completing the enrollment information form below. Once we have received your information someone will contact you to discuss the best options for your child and family.
For admissions into the outpatient therapy clinic at the therapeutic preschool please have your child’s physician complete the outpatient therapy clinic prescription form.
For admissions into Ability KC Employment Services, please contact your case manager at Missouri Vocational Rehabilitation to initiate the process. Once we have received your referral information from Vocational Rehabilitation, an Ability KC employment specialist will contact you to arrange services.
Ability KC Industries
To be considered for admissions to Ability KC Industries please submit a referral application to the Ability KC Industries Operations Manager. A referral packet can be obtained from a Kansas City Regional Office Case Manager, County Case Manager or Mental Health Case Manager.
In the referral application please include the following:
- Diagnosis or disability.
- Barriers to community employment due to diagnosis.
To be considered for sheltered employment opportunities at Ability KC you must:
- Live in Missouri.
- Be at least 16 years of age.
- Possess sufficient emotional control so as to pose no physical threat to themselves or others.
- Be able to care for personal needs or direct a personal assistant to provide required care. If a personal assistant is required, the assistant must be selected, arranged for and paid by either the participant or their sponsoring agency.
- If under 24 years of age, must have a recommendation letter from Missouri Vocational Rehabilitation.
Individuals with uncontrolled seizure disorders or diseases that are communicable by casual contact are not eligible for services. Referral applications may be submitted via button below or by fax at 816.471.0019.